Author: Doug Esse
The following is my own understanding of Wanderers based upon my own interpretations of the Law of One. These depictions will be limited and distorted given those filters.
To understand Wanderers, we must first start with unity.
What is a Social-Memory-Complex?
“Who are Wanderers? Where do they come from?” (12.26)
Ra: I am Ra. Imagine, if you will, the sands of your shores. As countless as the grains of sand are the sources of intelligent infinity. When a social memory complex has achieved its complete understanding of its desire, it may conclude that its desire is service to others with the distortion towards reaching their hand, figuratively, to any entities who call for aid. These entities whom you may call the Brothers and Sisters of Sorrow move towards this calling of sorrow. These entities are from all reaches of the infinite creation and are bound together by the desire to serve in this distortion.
What kind of being decides to become a Wanderer and incarnate back into 3rd Density in order to serve? Ra gives a hint. “The desire to serve must be distorted towards a great deal of purity of mind and what you may call foolhardiness or bravery, depending upon your distortion complex judgment. The challenge-danger of the Wanderer is that it will forget its mission, become karmically involved, and thus be swept into the maelstrom from which it had incarnated to aid the destruction (Session 12.28).
They say that the Law of One transmission would appeal to the first two groups (1 and 2), which was only about .3% of the population of the world in 1981. As you can see, the Ra group’s interest in mass awakening through the Law of One transmission was not a high priority for them. The reason is because they knew that to reach one person is to reach all, since all are one. They also were aware that once this transmission entered into the mass consciousness through very few people, it would germinate and flourish; not in a way that people would be “converted” to following the Law of One as a religion or new philosophy, but because it could overlay existing spiritual belief systems and provide clarity. Moreover, the whole goal of the Ra group was to help clear away unhelpful distortions to living the Law of One, that is, to live in a way that honors the fact that all beings, all things, are a part of the One Infinite Creator. If we really lived that truth, we wouldn’t hurt anyone else or the planet because we would truly know that we would be hurting ourselves, since everything is the Infinite Creator experiencing Itself in infinitely various ways through the illusion of separation or the state of finitude.
The Ra group was asked specifically if Wanderers have physical ailments that are common. Ra responded:
“I am Ra. Due to the extreme variance between the vibratory distortions of third density and those of the more dense densities, if you will, Wanderers have as a general rule some form of handicap, difficulty, or feeling of alienation which is severe. The most common of these difficulties are alienation, the reaction against the planetary vibration by personality disorders, as you would call them, and body complex ailments indicating difficulty in adjustment to the planetary vibrations such as allergies, as you would call them.”
Why Is It So Emotionally and Spiritually Hard for Wanderers Here?
Most of the people that I know who identify as Wanderers say that they never felt like they fit in emotionally and spiritually on Earth, even as little kids–that somehow it’s not home. It could be that some people who believe they are Wanderers are, in fact, not Wanderers, but suffering from deep mental illness. It is also true that many who are suffering from deep mental illness could be Wanderers. It is hard to say and it is for the individual person to delve deeply into their own inner lives to find the truth. And the truth should be simultaneously freeing as well as inviting to live a life of joy amidst the sorrow. This will keep a Wanderer who has awakened to his or her mission humble so that they can continue their greatest task of deeply incarnating here to do good work. If a Wanderer just desires to go home, then there may be imbalances and one will not feel the joy that comes with union with Infinite Creator on this side of the veil of forgetting. Home is here because here is where the Infinite Creator dwells. As the Ra group says in Session 10.14: 1) Look in the mirror: see the Infinite Creator; 2) Look at your neighbor: see the Infinite Creator; 3) Look at creation about you: see the Infinite Creator; and 4) surrender to the moment with an open heart for love of the Infinite Creator is ever present.
The Ra group lays out why the Wanderer looses his or her memory and the emotional consequences of that which causes the journey on Earth to be so hard in Session 65.19 (paraphrasing):
- The genetic properties and even the cellular structure of the body is different between a third density human and a human coming from the higher densities (4th, 5th, or 6th). When a Wanderer incarnates in 3rd Density, they totally become a 3rd Density human at every level with the exception of their innate stronger connection to the spiritual. The Wanderer volunteers for this total amnesiac experience out of a strong desire to serve their other-selves in 3rd Density.
- The free will of their other-selves in 3rd Density needs to be preserved. A Wanderer can indeed penetrate the forgetting and start his or her mission, but they (almost always) won’t activate the higher- density bodies because to do so would be live in a “god-like manner,” which would not be in congruence with wanting to live a humble life of service.
- In the home density, the group has already formed a social-memory-complex where everyone has joined their hearts and minds in total love. To come from such unity into 3rd Density where everything feels so separate is quite painful. Thankfully, we have 3rd Density globally-recognized teachers such as Richard Rohr, OFM, who are publicly proclaiming that any separation between us and God and between us and each other is an illusion, and a great task in the spiritual life is to awaken from this illusion!
- The Wanderer feels a fairly constant unconscious frustration that they are unable to do the things that are natural and common in their home density. These things may include healing physical and emotional disorders in others (and self) through doing energy work, telekinesis, telepathy, intentional astral projection, and seeing reality in wholes–especially the sacred geometric patterns that are used to manifest 3rd Density objects and events. There is a distant remembering that they should be able to do these things but it feels like grandiose fantasy and even delusional within the confines of 3rd Density energetic parameters (Session 66.6). But rest assured, a Wanderer who awakens the heart and gets busy doing good work, especially in daily, ordinary life, can access all the tools needed to preform the exact mission he or she volunteered to do. This ministry, this accessing of the tools, this good work becomes quite clear through the mechanism of faith. Seeing in the darkness through the light of faith is called by the Saints, “Luminous Darkness.” It is the best kind of seeing, actually, and very fruitful. This is heart-seeing which then activates the upper chakras. When this happens, the Wanderer is awake…joyful…and busy being lightworkers. You may find that real psychic abilities become activated and they will be used for service to others that remains grounded and incarnated.
Are You A Wanderer?
Are you a Wanderer? Do you wonder about it? At this point, I want to include important words from the L/L Research group who were the original triad that brought the Law of One material in through meticulous channeling. Maybe this will be inspirational for some readers. Please visit their website: http://www.llresearch.org.
“What is a wanderer? Some wanderers are ETs who have come from elsewhere to planet Earth for this incarnation or at this time. Many other wanderers are earth natives who have matured spiritually to the point of awakening to their metaphysical identity, thereby making the worldly identity less real, and creating the sense of being a stranger in a strange land. Both types of wanderers are in the same situation here on Earth now, in that they often don’t fit in well here, for their inner universe has shifted, and the “real” world for them has shifted from the earthly world to the aesthetic and ethical innerness of the metaphysical world.”
“Wanderers are each unique and come in all shapes and sizes, but their likeliest common characteristics are a sense of alienation and isolation as they make choices of how to live and be, and cope with a strong and increasing inner knowing that they are here to serve. The lesson and mission that all wanderers have in common is to give and receive love. Their common service is to be themselves, in as true and deep a way possible in each moment, as they are working on this life lesson. The main mission is a ministry of being, of living in the open heart that is the deepest self of all beings within incarnation here. They are light anchorers, bringing light through into the earth planes as they breathe in and breath out with an open and loving heart.”
“If you feel you are a wanderer, an alien, an outsider to planet Earth, or if you feel Earth is no longer your native land simply because you have awakened from the planetary dream, L/L Research has three things to tell you :
- You are loved.
- You are not alone.
- You have service to perform for planet Earth.
Thanks for listening! Hang in there, and don’t let the wanderer’s blues get you down for long! The service of a lightworker is sometimes a difficult service to offer, as it requires our being incarnate on planet Earth, but it is well worth the sacrifice. Cast your deep mind back, and recapture that feeling you had before incarnation when all was so much clearer. All of us wanderers were eager to come and serve. This is our moment to do so, this brief time of living and being part of Earth. May we serve together with beauty, style, grace and joy.”
The Four Main Missions of Wanderers:
I’ll close this post by bowing before you, dear reader, in gratitude for your service on this wonderful planet. Whether your soul is from elsewhere or not, it does not matter! You are here…now…and you are human and because of that, you are precious. You have awakened enough to realize that you desire to be a “light to the nations” (Reference: Isaiah 42:6; Isaiah 49:6; Isaiah 52:10; Isaiah 60:3; John 8:12; Acts 13:47; Acts 26:23). Please start with loving yourself and your immediate “other-selves” at home and close by. Create concentric circles of loving service doing the tasks that are disguised as mundane things. As Paula D’Arcy says, “God (aka Infinite Creator) comes to us disguised as our life.” Nothing is mundane, actually. As the Ra group reminds us, “[Realize that] the moment contains love… [this] is the lesson-goal of [3rd Density]” (Session 10.14). Love is all there is.
If you would like to read more about Wanderers, you could not do any better than reading the “instrument” who voiced the Law of Material, Carla Rueckert who wrote A Wanderer’s Handbook.